When it comes to road travel, preparation is key for you and your travel companions' safety. It's harder to get what you need if you're on roads that you're not very familiar with, which is why you should pack some items to prepare yourself in case of emergencies. Before you hit the highway for your next journey, please make sure you pack the following items:
- Jumper cables
- A spare tire and other tire-changing tools (ex. jack, gloves, etc.)
- A first aid kit
- Water and non-perishable food items
- Phone chargers
- Your license, registration, ID, and any other important paperwork
- Map or other backup directional documents
- Road flares
- Fun, entertaining activities (games, books, music, etc.)
- Bottle of windshield washer fluid
- Winter/snow equipment, depending on areas of travel
- Motor oil, coolant, and gasoline for back-up
These are just several of our top recommendations of what to bring on your next road vacation. If you want to minimize the likelihood of an emergency or breakdown even more, we suggest bringing your car or RV into Don's D. Auto & Truck Service for a pre-trip inspection. At our Las Vegas auto repair shop, our technicians can check your tires, fluids, brakes, engine, transmission, and other important components to ensure they run smoothly while you're on the road. The last thing you want to deal with on vacation is a stressful breakdown.
For safe travels, please call or visit Don's D.I. Auto & Truck Service today.